Thursday, February 22, 2018

Leadership Summit

The other day a few classmates and I met with Lauren Laborde and Whitney to talk about our upcoming Group Facilitation's. Although we all had different life skills topics, it was still helpful to be able to get their feedback on my upcoming group. Lauren chose Cognitive Behavioral Approach for her group facilitation. When we met, I was conflicted between choosing Cognitive Behavioral and Developmental FoR. Still, I think I could have chosen either approach, however, it was interesting to get her feedback on why she chose that approach. Knowing that other classmates were prepping to facilitate the same day as me put me at ease. Since, we had a test the day prior, we were concerned it would effect our facilitation's, but I think planning for today's group in advance allowed us all to relax a little bit after the test! We brainstormed on activities each of us could use on all of our different groups. I was impressed by my classmates creativity. I enjoyed meeting with my classmates and hearing their creativity. We also shared Pinterest boards that have been helpful throughout school. For me, this meeting was valuable because I got to get my peers perspective on my group protocol. In the future, I think we should meet with peers before we lead a group to gain insight from classmates and facilitate an optimal therapy group session.

No comments:

Post a Comment