Thursday, May 4, 2017

Fletcher Cleaves


After hearing Fletcher Cleaves story last week, I have thought a lot about his story and his overall outlook on life. He told us how his doctor was discouraging and how everyone doubted him and his ability to recover, and for me, this was frustrating.  As a future health profession, I think it is so important for us to motivate our clients, so that in the rehabilitation process they will be encouraged to their best. Even though Fletcher had an accident that completely altered his life, he has such a positive outlook on life. For him to have come out of this recovery process, and decided to share his story to others is inspiring. He ended his speech with this statement; “Don’t tell your clients to reach for the stars when there’s footprints on the moon.” I think I will always remember that statement and I am so thankful he came and spoke to our class.

No comments:

Post a Comment