Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Foundations Debrief

As our Foundation course comes to an end, we spent our last class reflecting on what we liked and things we would change in this course. I appreciate that because as a student, it is nice to know that the faculty takes our opinions into consideration when looking at next year's coursework. As a personal reflection of this course, I would say my biggest take away was having a better understanding of the profession of occupational therapy as a whole. I know that no matter what setting I am in that I will use a client-centered, occupation-centered, EBP, and cultural practice approach. I think I sometimes even say the definition in my sleep.  I also have a better perception of the different populations, environments, and setting that involve OTs. My parents are constantly asking me where and who I want to work with in upon graduation, but I can never give them an answer because I am always learning about new and different settings for OTs! Furthermore, I have a better understanding of the basics of OT from learning and studying the OTPF, OT Process, and the Code of Ethics, which I know will help me daily in the 'real world'. I have enjoyed this class and look forward to learning more about OT in other classes and upcoming fieldworks.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful feedback! Thank you for the input and for all of your hard work in this course.

    ReplyDelete